Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Beginning

I've never been much of a baker. I AM, however, a big fan of eating baked goods. I would often find myself munching away on the delicious treats that co-workers would bring in for various office parties or even swinging by the local bakery after work for one of those GINORMOUS m&m cookies (you know the ones!).

Sadly, I am no longer employed NOR do I live near a halfway decent bakery. It's by choice. Not necessarily MY choice. But, what's done is done. 

You see, I am currently living in Texas. And by Texas I mean the border of Mexico. Seriously. The closest city is three hours away. Why am I in the desert of Texas by choice? Well, I'm trying very hard to be a supportive wife to my husband who is currently fulfilling his dream of being a pilot in the USAF.

So, what's a girl to do when she wants to eat baked goods but has no one to bake them for her? Simple, that girl needs to find a decent recipe website (I'm a huge fan of allrecipes.com) and start working on her baking skills.

That's what this blog will be about. My forays into the baking world. I will showcase every triumph and every disaster as well as provide you with the recipe so that you can try it out as well--not that you'd want to try out the failures, per se. But, you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment