Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

National Chocolate Chip Day!

In case you all were unaware, May 15th is National Chocolate Chip Day.

I was in the dark about this auspicious day until the Base Housing office dropped of a newsletter indicating that they would be giving away free chocolate chip cookies today (the 16th) to celebrate NCCD. While I still plan on going down to the housing office to go and get myself a free cookie, my mouth was watering at the thought of scarfing down a few dozen cookies, so I made some for myself yesterday.

The recipe that I used is my go-to recipe. It is aptly named the Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe (that my twin sister found on allrecipes.com). It's freaking delicious!! The cookies are the perfect consistency and remain soft for at least two days after you bake them.

Despite the fact that it was chocolate CHIP cookie day, I decided to switch it up and use not only chocolate chips (dark chocolate, at that!) but also semi-sweet chocolate chunks.

Remember how in the last post I wrote about how much of a mess I make while baking? Here is an example of my messiness:

Forgive the bumbo on the counter. The kid can actually no longer sit on the counter in the bumbo because she will bend and twist dangerously in that thing and can't be trusted to keep herself safe. Instead, she sits eating puffs in her high chair. Not for this baking venture, though...she napped instead! Also, how 'bout our sweet cabinetry? Gotta love that lowest bidder!

Anyhow, just so you all know, I follow this recipe to the T. Definitely no need to deviate. They truly come out perfectly.

However, I do recommend using a scoop of some sort or at least rolling the balls of dough when placing them onto the cookie sheet. I use the medium sized scoop from Pampered Chef.


When they bake, they don't rise or spread out too much, so feel free to put them fairly close together.

I baked mine for 10.5 minutes and let them sit on the tray for 2-3min before moving them to a cooling rack (or in my case, paper towels because I have no idea what happened to my cooling rack during my move down here).

Perfection!


Warning! This recipe makes about 72 cookies, so if you aren't looking to eat cookies for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a few days I suggest halving the recipe :)

Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment